Saturday, April 9, 2016

Happy #NationalUnicornDay!


My tagline for my blog is, "Adventures of a Brown Unicorn." And that's because I'm not like everyone else. I live life my way and I've given myself permission to create the best life possible. 

I'm the first in my family and sometimes culturally to: earn a bachelor's and master's degree, live in San Francisco and abroad, travel around the world, marry in my late 20s and to someone who is Indian, be in my early 30s and not have kids yet, be a vegetarian and do a vegan challenge. 

I personally do not know anyone who is like me. And at the same time because I am these things I don't consider myself to be superior and judge others. I'm definitely not perfect! 

And truthfully, I used to be really insecure about all of the things I listed above and now I'm not because I've learned that, "Comparison is the thief of joy." This is one of my favorite quotes and something I live by, who doesn't want a joyful life?!

I'm really proud of how hard I have worked to become all of the things that I consider have made me a Brown Unicorn. All of these things allow for my unique observations and personal experiences in this life on this planet and why I call myself a Brown Unicorn.

Thanks for following my adventures!