Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Why I Vote




I haven’t lost hope with my vote. I always vote to honor the people who lost their lives fighting for me to have the opportunity to do so.

I vote because I see many of the candidates desperate for my Latinx vote. I’m a brown millennial woman and my vote equals power. I vote to be visible.

I vote because I think about the people who are here waiting; they are in the process of becoming citizens and wish they could vote.

Voting is my act of patriotism.

Presidential Candidates

Rosario Dawson’s words from the Bronx to East LA this election cycle have really inspired me. My favorite interview was with Amy Goodman titled, “It’s A Revolution” on Democracy Now! 



Local Candidates


And here in San Francisco I’ve helped my District Supervisor, Jane Kim, with her campaign for California State Senate, District 11. Jane Kim is awesome. She has helped San Franciscans and me in so many ways. I'm grateful for the opportunity to know and help her win! 

Latinx, Millennials, and friends don't lose hope, get out and vote!